50%
Give candy to anyone who comes to your door
6%
Make exceptions for some kids
44%

Total votes: 16

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: No Costume No Candy Policy Yea Or Nay?

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:10 pm

I understood what you said, Rodney. I was just illuding to the fact that I have seen some of the most creative Halloween costumes and other home-made decorations from some of the poorest people in town. When I was a kid, that was a huge part of my Halloween tradition. When I got too big for those cheep store-bought costume kits, I started making my own costumes from various junk I could find around the house. I even won a prize one year for a robot costume I made from an old cardboard box, some dryer hose and some silver paint.

Mike

adrian
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by adrian » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:58 pm

i ALWAYS make my own costume :) its kinda the tradition for us :) part of the family fun portion of it all.. this years mask is turning out to be one of my favorites :) i'll post a picture soon :)
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:34 am

That was allways part of my Halloween tradition, too. But when I was in 7th grade, I felt too self-consience to go "ToT"ing any more, so I stopped wearing costumes that year.

Mike

ThackeryBinxs
Vampire

Post by ThackeryBinxs » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:02 am

OK Call me slow if you like but i just got TOTing LOL!! I was well into my teens when i stopped tot'ing i was sixteen 6'2 and about 180lbs i started to get looks and comments from kids and adults I was no longer welcomed at the door with a smile from the adults Just a look that said What hell are you doing? And the other kids would ask how old are you or where's your kid? So after that year i gave up TOTing Plus when you're towering over the other TOT'S i think it's time to stop But the following year i started to give out candy and found that i enjoyed that just as much I may have stopped trick r treating but I've never stopped wearing a costume that's half the fun i'm having my second annual halloween costume party this year it's gonna be great

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:07 am

ThackeryBinxs wrote:OK Call me slow if you like but i just got TOTing LOL!! I was well into my teens when i stopped tot'ing i was sixteen 6'2 and about 180lbs i started to get looks and comments from kids and adults I was no longer welcomed at the door with a smile from the adults Just a look that said What hell are you doing? And the other kids would ask how old are you or where's your kid? So after that year i gave up TOTing Plus when you're towering over the other TOT'S i think it's time to stop But the following year i started to give out candy and found that i enjoyed that just as much I may have stopped trick r treating but I've never stopped wearing a costume that's half the fun i'm having my second annual halloween costume party this year it's gonna be great
:lol:

if you don't have a little bro or sis you should "borrow" someone's child and use the "i'll take you trick or treating" as an excuse lol i do... and the candy is fantastic

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:12 am

Adrien, you and I must have been cut from the same blanket. I would do exactly the same thing if I had a child of my own, or could borrow one. But then since I live alone, there's nobody else in my house to give out candy, and I do enjoy it. I could have gotten away with ToTing well into my high school years. There were a lot of kids my age (back in the 70, that is. I'm almost 50 now) ToTing, and some of them were quite tall. I just didn't feel quite right about it after 7th grade, and I probably did myself out of some fun because of that.

But I still very much enjoy the other Hallowen traditions.

Mike

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:10 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote: Adrien, you and I must have been cut from the same blanket. I would do exactly the same thing if I had a child of my own, or could borrow one. But then since I live alone, there's nobody else in my house to give out candy, and I do enjoy it. I could have gotten away with ToTing well into my high school years. There were a lot of kids my age (back in the 70, that is. I'm almost 50 now) ToTing, and some of them were quite tall. I just didn't feel quite right about it after 7th grade, and I probably did myself out of some fun because of that.

But I still very much enjoy the other Hallowen traditions.

Mike
i agree... giving out the goods is just as much fun to me!! i think i enjoy it more actually bc 1) i get to scare 2) handling the decorations 3)all the candy at my disposal... i could go on and on!!!

but every year before i take over the candy bowl for the ToTs (my fiance handles it at first) i take my lil bro around the block. it gives me a chance to see what my other neighbors are doing :) plus it takes me back a little

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:35 am

Some times we get ToTers from neighboring towns that have place a banon ToT. When ToT is over, and I go back to work, I usualy bring in some of my left-over candy. A lot of my co-workers also raid their kids ToT bag for certain things that the kids don't like too much and bring them in and have candy baskets on their desks. Those baskets usualy last well into november. We had Tootsie Rools right up to the day before Thanksgiving break.

Mike

ThackeryBinxs
Vampire

Post by ThackeryBinxs » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:25 am

just wanted to share some pics from last years halloween party
Attachments
toyasam.jpg
toyasam.jpg (11.29 KiB) Viewed 22445 times
cake.jpg
cake.jpg (10.5 KiB) Viewed 22445 times
sam jackie and t
sam jackie and t
samtjack.jpg (10.03 KiB) Viewed 22445 times

ThackeryBinxs
Vampire

Post by ThackeryBinxs » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:38 am

just a few more
Attachments
wolf.jpg
wolf.jpg (2.64 KiB) Viewed 22444 times
me.jpg
me.jpg (10.15 KiB) Viewed 22444 times
barbie.jpg
barbie.jpg (8.47 KiB) Viewed 22444 times

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:13 am

those are some great pix Thackery!! thank you for sharing!!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:47 pm

Looks like it was a great party.

Mike

Firefighter_Barbie
Master Reaper

Post by Firefighter_Barbie » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:21 pm

Depending on the circumstances, they may get some or may not. If they're a little one that got fed up with their costume then yes, if they're a teen that's looking for a free handout then definatly not...unless their packing eggs or something lol And I always give a bag to the parent that's with the kids :)

ThackeryBinxs
Vampire

Post by ThackeryBinxs » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:00 pm

I've never had anyone egg my house before just a few pumpkins smashed and one time a kid knocked the bowl of candy outta my hands unfortunately for him there was only a few tootsie rolls left anyway he ran off pretty quickly after that

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:13 am

ThackeryBinxs wrote: I've never had anyone egg my house before just a few pumpkins smashed and one time a kid knocked the bowl of candy outta my hands unfortunately for him there was only a few tootsie rolls left anyway he ran off pretty quickly after that

i think i'd have had to make his halloween "SCARIER" then and chased his @** down the street in what ever costume i'd have been wearing lol