When do you think your to old to Trick or Treat?

What do you do when you Trick or Treat?

When do you think your to old to Trick or Treat?

5-10
No votes
10-15
19%
15-20
25%
Never
56%

Total votes: 16

MauEvig
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: When do you think your to old to Trick or Treat?

Post by MauEvig » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:15 pm

I don't condone vandalism either. If people don't want to participate in the fun of Halloween it's their choice, just like some people don't like celebrating Christmas.

I just figured that was usually why people would prank other people's houses. Doesn't make it right either. Besides, why waste perfectly good eggs when you can make some delicious Halloween goodies like cakes out of them instead.

I haven't seen anyone use nail polish remover. At least things like eggs, toilet paper, shaving cream and silly string are pretty harmless, but something like nail polish remover can probably do some actual damage like eat the paint away from someone's house, and it could probably damage someone's eyes if thrown at people's faces. That would get me worried. But the other stuff would just be a normal annoyance. When I lived with Grandma, the local grocery store actually banned the sale of those items to kids, only adults 18 or over could buy them through the month of October.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:58 pm

I was looking at an online costume catalog and found costumes for soldiers, cops and SWAT teams.

I have closets full of all that stuff. Wonder if I'd get in trouble "renting" my stuff out during Halloween? :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink:

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:05 pm

That's a good question. It would definitely be a more realistic costume.
I know there are laws about impersonating a police officer, and impersonating a Doctor, but I think it's a little different on Halloween because everyone's dressing up in costumes. That's something you'd probably have to check with your local county or state I think.
Still seeing people dress up as an every day hero is pretty awesome, because that's something kids can actually strive to be when they grow up.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:34 am

MauEvig wrote:At least that way we didn't have to worry about sorting out the candy for things like razor blades and poison.

Here's the latest on the myth about poisoned candy...

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:42 am

That's an interesting article. What a sick you know what.
Sounds like the authorities gave him what he deserved. Being in debt sucks, but to kill one's own children just to try and get out of debt is just plain wrong.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:14 am

The person you where talking about is featured in a documentary about the death penalty that I have in my DVD collection. The announcer in that film referred to that pervert as a "coward," and I completely agree. Not only is that guy a murderer, he is also very cowardly. Cowardly to the point that he allowed his fear of the debt collectors intimidate him into murdering children. I personally would be more afraid of becoming a murderer then I would of an immanent bankruptcy or legal action. I would rather go broke, lose my home or even get killed myself then become a killer.