This had better not affect my supply prices this Halloween!!

What do you do when you Trick or Treat?
Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

This had better not affect my supply prices this Halloween!!

Post by Andybev01 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:10 pm

All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Re: This had better not affect my supply prices this Hallowe

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:49 pm

Would this have a huge impact on American chocolate products though? I mean, I could see a huge increase in European chocolate, but what about things like Hershey's, Reeses etc?
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Spookymufu
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Spookymufu » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:45 pm

we all better warm up to the idea that all snack foods and most ingredients will (along with just about everything else in the US) get more expensive as a result of higher taxes to pay for this new health care plan we didnt want
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:39 pm

which is only slightly ironic as a lot of people need health care because they eat too much snack food....

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:40 pm

Andybev01 wrote:which is only slightly ironic as a lot of people need health care because they eat too much snack food....
I actually agree with you that we should have healthcare but, we also should have the freedom to get it or not and we shouldnt go bankrupt as a country to pay for it, especially all the non-citizens that dont pay taxes that will also receive it...
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:59 am

Agreed. We weren't given healthcare we were duped into insurance 'reform'.

Next: finance 'reform'...

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:50 am

Spookymufu wrote:we all better warm up to the idea that all snack foods and most ingredients will (along with just about everything else in the US) get more expensive as a result of higher taxes to pay for this new health care plan we didnt want
It must be amazing to live in an alternate reality where a bill whose intent is to make sure all Americans can afford to see a doctor when they're sick is really a secret plan to tax your Oreos... No wonder you have trouble sleeping at night!! :lol:

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:53 am

MacPhantom wrote:
Spookymufu wrote:we all better warm up to the idea that all snack foods and most ingredients will (along with just about everything else in the US) get more expensive as a result of higher taxes to pay for this new health care plan we didnt want
It must be amazing to live in an alternate reality where a bill whose intent is to make sure all Americans can afford to see a doctor when they're sick is really a secret plan to tax your Oreos... No wonder you have trouble sleeping at night!! :lol:
Mac, that is one of the dumest things I've seen you say, if you dont think they are going to start taxing us on everything they can because of the Obamacare plan, you're the one in an alternate universe...

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:28 am

You already pay taxes on all those sugary treats you enjoy; you just aren't aware of it. Billions of dollars in subsidies, funded by taxpayer dollars, go to massive factory farms to produce enough corn for all that high fructose corn syrup that makes Coke taste so yummy. They do it in the name of helping "farmers", but it's actually just another giveaway to a massive industry so that they can keep your soda at a dollar a can instead of a dollar fifty. But they'll make that extra fifty cents profit either way, whether it's when you buy it in a store, or when they take it from your tax dollars in the form of unnecessary subsidies.

So in the real world, where you're already paying taxes so that rich people can make more profit on the unhealthy things they sell, you're gonna get all het up over paying an extra nickel so that poor people can afford to see a doctor when they get sick? I understand the anger, but man, it's so out of proportion and so misdirected. I'll never understand why you don't have even a fraction of the animosity for the people who actually have their foot on your neck that you do for the people who don't have any power at all. The intent of the healthcare bill isn't to tax your cookies. The intent is to help people see a doctor instead of dying from preventable, treatable illness. Even if you don't like the specifics, can you at least concede that much?

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:37 am

a nickle here, a penny here, a quarter there, a dollar there, it adds up, you really want gas to be $5 a gal and go up from there? you really want to stop people from having what little expendable cash they have now? you really want people to stop buying things they dont HAVE to? That will kill small business and stop people from being able to start up businesses because the cost and taxes are going to be even higher. The truth is all these liberal give-aways at the tax payers expense is going to bankrupt this country, I cant imaging you would support that in order to give people free health care that some shouldnt be entitled to in the first place....then again maybe you would, I dont know. I would rather the people buy their own health care, it helps give incentive for better care, less crowding at the Drs office, and promotes progression of medicine. Theres a reason why the best medical care can be had in the US, there is incentive for it, with "universal" health care there wont be. We'll have healthcare like Canada or Europe, who wants that??

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:56 am

It comes down to this: do you think healthcare should be a right, or a privilege? In the greatest nation in the world, should a person die of a treatable illness because they can't afford treatment, or should such a situation be completely unacceptable? Is healthcare a commodity to be bought and sold, like a wide screen telly, or is it self-evident truth, an unalienable right to life and the pursuit of happiness? I think it must be a right, and the small sacrifice required to make it so is necessary, justifiable, and noble. We are a better society for doing so.

If you think that only people who can afford healthcare should have healthcare, than there is nothing else to say. I think such a position is immoral, inhumane, and fundamentally un-American. It is absolutely your right to believe such a thing, and I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise, because you clearly have a different view of humanity and your fellow citizens. We can argue the specifics of the bill, and whether or not it is the best way to achieve it's goals, but if you fundamentally disagree with the goal, if you think it is better for poor people who get sick to die than to receive treatment, then debate is pointless.

You and I live in the same world, but we see it and our place in it very differently.

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:08 pm

there are already programs in place for people that cant afford it, the ERs are full of people that cant afford it, but yes, I think people should pay for their own health care plans. I also think those plans should be cheaper but I dont think the Gov can or should hand it out to anyone that wants free care. I dont think we should sacrifice everyones future, yours, mine, my kids or even Andys just so some people can get free health care.

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:30 pm

Huh; I didn't know cocoa had such a profound impact on our country...

You two should revive 'Point, Counter-Point' on TV. :roll:

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:32 pm

wait a minute; whaddya mean "even Andy's"?

Ya bahstid! :P

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:08 pm

Andybev01 wrote:wait a minute; whaddya mean "even Andy's"?

Ya bahstid! :P

:wink: