Trick or Treating 2010

What do you do when you Trick or Treat?
CalebsMommy0220
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

Trick or Treating 2010

Post by CalebsMommy0220 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:40 pm

Hey guys I was wondering when trick or treating is this year. I am in northern Ohio and I have heard several different answers.

HalloweenDot
Site Admin

Re: Trick or Treating 2010

Post by HalloweenDot » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:56 am

Hi!
Well, usually it is on Halloween night and that is when it is going on here in Florida. I know some communities were trying to change it, but I think most people will do it on Halloween not any other time! ;-)
Happy Halloween!!!!!
CalebsMommy0220 wrote:Hey guys I was wondering when trick or treating is this year. I am in northern Ohio and I have heard several different answers.
Halloween.com since 1994 - Chris

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:16 pm

Our town really put a damper on things this year with a very strict 3 hour limit. 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm. No exceptions, and they even shouted from police car p a systems that ToT was over at 6, and anyone caught ToTing after house wiould get a ticket.

One kid actualy did get a ticket, too. I don't kinow how much the fine is, but I thought it was really sucky to do that.

Mike

writerpatrick
Master Reaper

Post by writerpatrick » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:48 am

ToTing doesn't even start for our area until around 6pm.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:58 pm

I'm sorry, but I will NEVER UNDERSTAND why a fun and harmless tradition like Trick or Treat has to die off in the name of fear mongering. I can't help it, but hearing the police scream at the ToTers through their cop car p a systems really honked me off.

Mike

supermau5
Zombie

Post by supermau5 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:34 am

For us (southern CA), it seemed to start really late this year. I didn't get my first ToTer until about 7pm, but the crowds didn't stop until almost midnight...

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:28 pm

At least your ToTers got to have some great Halloween traditional fun by ToTing in the dark. This year, my town government took fear mongering to new heights, and even had the police HORASS ToTers, which reminded me of some of the scenes in various movies about Nazi Germany. It was a very strict, 3 to 6 ONLY. Nobody dared give out cand or go ToTing before 3 or after 6.

I really love my town and my house, but I sure wish the local government would take a vacation to Bermuda, and disappear on the Bermuda Triangle. And it isn't just ToT and Halloween. On certain streets your Christmas lights can't be too bright, because they might distract motorists. You can't bring your pets to any of the local parks. It's illegal to burn leaves, burn trash, or even store an old car that you are restoring. A friend of mine who is a PREMIER car restorer had 1959 Ford Thunderbird that he had almost completed restoring. He would store it in his garage, but would pull it out when he was working on it. All he had left to do was to install head lights, and then it was time to get it licensed. He went in his house to eat lunch and left the car in his drive way, and the town came and towed it away. The tow truck people gouged the hell out of it and set him back by thousands, and all because of a stupid ordinance.

I actuayl may consider running for Mayor so I see about repealing some of these stupid laws.

Mike

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:33 pm

You should run, Mike. I'd vote for you.

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:36 pm

I'd vote for you to Mike!!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:10 pm

Well thank you. I'll certainly consider it. The problem is, the local yocals seem to have all the people in their pocket. To their credit it is a very safe place to life. There's almost no crime at all, and even though a lot of parents are justifiably cautions with their children's safety these days, there has never been any crimes of any kind against children reported, ever. That does say a lot for the town's track record. I just wish they could ToT without all the draconan rules and the harassment.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:05 am

Pumpkin_Man wrote: Our town really put a damper on things this year with a very strict 3 hour limit. 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm. No exceptions, and they even shouted from police car p a systems that ToT was over at 6, and anyone caught ToTing after house wiould get a ticket.

One kid actualy did get a ticket, too. I don't kinow how much the fine is, but I thought it was really sucky to do that.

Mike

That's really sick, Mike! :( Where did it come from??
Was it from Illinois, or what?? I don't believe that short hours for TOTers! :evil: But, luck me I have hours for TOTers from 5:30 pm till 8 pm or so whatever they disappear after 8:30 pm. :)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:41 pm

iHaunt, I love the town I live in, and I love the house Ilive in, so please don't get me wrong, but unfortunately we have some very ARROGANT non traditionalists in our local government who have bought into, hook, line and sinker, all the fear mongering put out by the media, so they impose their agenda on the rest of us. It's also illegal to burn leave, or to detonate even the Illinois Legal fireworks within the town limits, and the local yocals are out in force to be sure that not one smoke ball is lit off, and not one leaf is burnt, and it's highly probably that if I light off my traditional New Years Eve fire crackers tonight, I'll be hearing about it from the police department.

I live in a beutiful, histoic town, founded in the late 1700s, but unfortunately they also decided to join the 'stupid law' brigade. I don't know if it's personal liberties they don't like, or are just looking to throw their weidht around, or maybe since we don't have all the crack gangs, murder and mayhem that exists in other towns, there isn't enough to keep our cops busy, so they impose these assinine limits to our personal freedoms in order to keep them busy. I really don't know. It beats the hell out of me. Luckily I do have a few places where I can go to light off fireworks on the 4h, but I'm afraid my New Years Eve tradition is gone for good. IT also looks like Trick or Treat may also be further curtailed, or even totaly banned, too. Sick? I quite agree, but until people stop living in fear, I guess there's nothing that can really be done about it.

Mike