The ToT Report 2010

What do you do when you Trick or Treat?
Lone Haunter
Master Reaper
What is the highest number?: 10992

The ToT Report 2010

Post by Lone Haunter » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:44 am

We closed up at about 8:30pm here after no further ToTers showed up for more than an hour.
The first ToTs arrived at about 6pm and the last at 7:20pm.
~ 6:00pm - 2 ToTs
~ 6:20pm - 8 ToTs
~ 6:30pm - 3 ToTs
~ 7:10pm - 5 ToTs
~ 7:20pm - 2 ToTs
Total of 20 ToTs in five groups, all were young children except for one group of 3 teenagers.

The weather had been stormy, windy, and rainy for nearly a solid week, but Halloween morning dawned clear and stayed dry the entire day and through ToT time. A few minutes after we closed up, the rain started again.

OctoberChill
Halloween Master

Re: The ToT Report 2010

Post by OctoberChill » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:48 am

We got between 80 to 100 trick or treaters which is about what I was expecting. They started around 6 pm and our last one was at 8:30. Ended up having a little bit of candy left over.

It was warm today, close to 80 when tot'ing started. Not a cloud in the sky.

joossa
Master Reaper

Post by joossa » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:16 am

I got a little more than 75. Less than last year, but not too bad. No trouble with the older ones. I did get some with no costume though.

A lot of them screamed and ran down the walkway after I greeted them a the door. LOL. Two girls got scared away and refused to return to get their candy... even after turning off the chainsaw sound and taking off the mask.

Very good night indeed. Hope all of you had fun!
-Joel from Southern California

angel222
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by angel222 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:18 am

joossa wrote:I got a little more than 75. Less than last year, but not too bad. No trouble with the older ones. I did get some with no costume though.

A lot of them screamed and ran down the walkway after I greeted them a the door. LOL. Two girls got scared away and refused to return to get their candy... even after turning off the chainsaw sound and taking off the mask.

Very good night indeed. Hope all of you had fun!

oh wow. poor girls. i hope it wasn't too extreme.
hello

Shadow_of_the_31st
Crypt Keeper

Post by Shadow_of_the_31st » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:43 am

I got roughly 75 tot'ers as well and they ended at about 8:45 for the last one but it died down at about 8:00 anyway
i could have had more tot'ers, but most just looked at my yard and begged their parents not to make them go in :twisted:
“this mark, although large, had been originally very indefinite; but, by slow degrees … assumed a rigorous distinctness of outline. It was now the representation of an object that I shudder to name … of the GALLOWS!”
The Black Cat
Edgar Allan Poe

Miss Monster
Halloween Master

Post by Miss Monster » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:08 am

I had all of 2 TOTers tonight between 5 and 6.. which beats my previous record of zero.

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:09 am

I only had 6 trick or treaters, it was kinda sad!!! We use to have around 25 to 50 several years ago, unfortately they all grew up & moved away!! :(

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:14 am

I was disappointed with the turn out, any other day this place is over ran by annoying, loud, little kids running all over the complex, but last night when I actually wanted them out and about (bought more candy I was going to) no one around. Turns out they all went to different neighborhoods because no one hands out candy here. I was the only apt on my section that was handing out candy. I got about 13, maybe 15 kids, some in costume some not, and as I watched them go from door to door I was the only one that handed out anything. My wife took our kids to our old neighborhood to TOT, good thing she did because they wouldnt have gotten anything here.......what a let down.
But, out of the people we did get they said ours was the best set up they had seen and we even got two good screams.
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:06 am

They really curtaled it in my town this year. ToT was on Sunday, but it was only 3 hours. 3:00 to 6:00, and that was very strictly enforced. I even heard the police announcing on their car's P.A. system' "Trick or Treat is Over. Return to your home, or you will be cited." I thought that was really, REALLYH (pardon my french) $hitty of them. I'm sorry to use profanity, but there's no other word for it. I only got about 30 ToTers this year, and I have two bags of Kit Kats, two bags of Nestle's Crunch, and one bag of Snickers left over.

On the bright side, I did screen a lot of horror flicks that I haven't seen in a while, which included the Dan Curtis produtions of "Dracula" and "The Strange Case of Dr. Jeckyl & Mr. Hyde." The ToTers who did show up really love my pumpkin and my flying bat. I also carved, over the entire month of October, 8 jack o'lanterns, and three of them are still with me, and I will be lighting them tonight, as I celebrate Halloween until November 3rd. Todayis All Saints Day, and tomorrow is All Souls Day. My last two days for the Spooky decorations before I take them down and start doing my Christmas cleaning.

I still had fun, but I would have loved to see more ToTers. Last year I had to have over 100. We also usualy get 4 or 5 hours. This year they only gave us three. I was sure that some of the other communities who had ToT early would have come here to To T on th real day, but I gurss the cops put the 'kabash' on that, too.

Oh well, time to start dreaming ofr next year.

ONLY 365 DAYS TO HALLOWEEN 2011!!

Mike

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:24 pm

I had about 200-ish kids come to my door (that's not accounting for the re-peats) many of which were "bussed in" a la the back of truck beds and other vehicles with Sonoran (Mexico) plates. (I visited a friend one neighborhood over and they had like 5 ToT'ers... soooo... yeah.)

Got my first ToT'er at about 5:30pm. Peaked at about 6pm, when I blew through over half my candy. By 6:45pm I was out of 2 cost-co bags of candy, about 80 play doh and some disney card games. We turned out the driveway and front lights and STILL had kids ringing the doorbell.... probably because I left the pumpkins lit 'till around 10pm.

I did get some good scares in. I busted out my old Grim Reaper costume from 1999 and hooked the fogger and lights up in the doorway. I'll post photos... wasn't anything spectacular like we'd planned-- the original plan was to do Mad Science in the garage, but my husband was sick with the flu and I didn't want to set up and clean up without his assistance.

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:41 pm

150-200... best night yet! Better than last year even, and that was a Saturday!

Next year I'm getting a tally board and actually keeping count.

joossa
Master Reaper

Post by joossa » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:23 pm

angel222 wrote: oh wow. poor girls. i hope it wasn't too extreme.
Nah, they were teenage girls. It was inevitable! I tried going after them after I took the mask off, but they were already halfway down the block by then! =)
-Joel from Southern California

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:07 am

Over 50 TOTers!!! Good! Please never give up your Halloween and your own haunt yard display every year, or all year round if you can! :D

And, a very young sexy witch, 17, came over my place and looking up at me.... she stated that I am very cute guy... I told her that I am only older 35.... she really didn't care about my age, and I am still good-looking guy... I gave her a word "Thanks a lot!" She will come back to me anytime after Halloween. :?

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:28 am

someone must have spiked her koolaide................(I'm guessing it was iHaunt).....or it was Monique's little sister ;)
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:03 am

0 tot-ers, MOst grown-ups can't find our house let alone children in the dark.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.