Trick or Treater's

What do you do when you Trick or Treat?
Jack Skellington
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Trick or Treater's

Post by Jack Skellington » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:58 am

iHaunt wrote:My family from SC do always come here to sleep here, like Christmas and Summer time.... they did hear some funny things around here at my house! :shock: My cousin told me when we were sleeping in my own bedroom, he did hear eerie sound from the outside by the window... he looked out the window and see nothing! :?
I do enjoy hearing stories like this! Very spooky! :) Is your house in a rural area?
Yours in haunting;

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:37 pm

My house is also rumored to be haunted, and while I haven't seen any evidence of it in all the 15 years I lived there, it hasn't been to bad for the ToT business.

Mike

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:55 pm

They probably just don't bother you because they like your company, Mike :D

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:57 pm

Pumpkin56 wrote:They probably just don't bother you because they like your company, Mike :D
Maybe they like the smell of his "Weenie Roast" he was talking about in another thread? :lol:

It did sound mouth wateringly tasty! :lol: :wink:
Yours in haunting;

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:08 am

Yes, but I'm near the beach. We have some woods outside in the backyard. Some indians died here long, long, long time ago.

Jack Skellington wrote:
iHaunt wrote:My family from SC do always come here to sleep here, like Christmas and Summer time.... they did hear some funny things around here at my house! :shock: My cousin told me when we were sleeping in my own bedroom, he did hear eerie sound from the outside by the window... he looked out the window and see nothing! :?
I do enjoy hearing stories like this! Very spooky! :) Is your house in a rural area?

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:10 am

Pumpkin_Man wrote: I really do love my old house. There are some disadvantages, though. There is a lot of upkeep to the older houses, but they are very solidly build, and stand the test of time.
Well. you can take my old house and shove it. I've been doing a lot of home improvement since we moved back in and everything is an experience in torture. Roommate picked a couple of new ceiling lights for the kitchen and entryway. Took me 3 hours to install the first one. Had to modify the installation because of the old fittings behind the plaster. Always feel like I'm behind the eight ball. Everything I try to fix in this old house requires some modification.

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:10 am

NeverMore wrote:
Pumpkin_Man wrote: I really do love my old house. There are some disadvantages, though. There is a lot of upkeep to the older houses, but they are very solidly build, and stand the test of time.
Well. you can take my old house and shove it. I've been doing a lot of home improvement since we moved back in and everything is an experience in torture. Roommate picked a couple of new ceiling lights for the kitchen and entryway. Took me 3 hours to install the first one. Had to modify the installation because of the old fittings behind the plaster. Always feel like I'm behind the eight ball. Everything I try to fix in this old house requires some modification.
Sounds pretty hard going NeverMore.

How old is your house?
Yours in haunting;

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:23 pm

quit whining and watch more "this old house"
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:10 pm

Like I said, living in an old house is an aquired taste, all though I lived in old houses most of my life, except for the 9 or so years I lived in arm pit New Lenox.

I get tons of ToTers, by the way. I don't know if it's my company, my creepy old house or the smell of the food that I cook. I do roast weenies in the fire place, and it goes right up the chimny, but most likely it's because I give out the 'good stuff," and I tend to be liberal about it to boot.

My grand nieces also love my creepy old house at Halloween, whcih transforms into a loving family place for Thanksgiving, and a magical place for my Christmas Tree trimming party.

But, to stay focused, the ToTers like me, and I like them. Even the aults have commented on the types of candy I give out.

Mike

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:49 am

We get great comments from the adults too Mike! It's nice to hear! :)
Yours in haunting;

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:05 am

Pumpkin_Man wrote: Like I said, living in an old house is an aquired taste, all though I lived in old houses most of my life, except for the 9 or so years I lived in arm pit New Lenox.

I get tons of ToTers, by the way. I don't know if it's my company, my creepy old house or the smell of the food that I cook. I do roast weenies in the fire place, and it goes right up the chimny, but most likely it's because I give out the 'good stuff," and I tend to be liberal about it to boot.

My grand nieces also love my creepy old house at Halloween, whcih transforms into a loving family place for Thanksgiving, and a magical place for my Christmas Tree trimming party.

But, to stay focused, the ToTers like me, and I like them. Even the aults have commented on the types of candy I give out.

Mike
It's also so nice to hear that you make your house such an inviting place for so many occasions :)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:18 pm

Well, that's the kind of a house where I was borna dn raised. I have always been a very staunch traditionalist when it came to holidays and my religion, which is a behaviour I learned, believe it or not, from my parents and older siblings. Now my older siblngs think all the old traditions are "falacies."

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:51 pm

It's funny how people divide up over traditions. There are people who feel really straitjacketed by them, and others for whom they inform life with meaning. I am in the latter group myself. I enjoy learning about traditions, and incorporate as many of them as I can into my own life.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:30 pm

We can have an entire discussin thread about why some people are sticklers for tradition and others go out of their way to break tradition. All I am saying is that I have allways loved the old traditions and still do, while my siblings seem to enjoy breaking them. I couldn't even get them to say Grace at Christmas, Easter or Thanksgiving dinner any more.

To each his own, I guess. BUT, I will be following my beloved traditions until they plant me in the ground. AND, it's IN MY WILL, that my funeral has to be a TRADITIONAL Catholic wake, and a TRADITIONAL Catholid funeral WITH a Mass.

Mike