Trick or Treater's

What do you do when you Trick or Treat?
Jack Skellington
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Trick or Treater's

Post by Jack Skellington » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:10 pm

Hey everyone, I thought it would be kind of cool to see what the numbers of ToT's are that we all get.

Last year 37 of them knocked on our door. The year before it was around 24.

So a decent increase i'ld say. :D That's more than I remember seeing when I went ToT as a kid in the same area, although there was still a number of us out. You see things differently as a kid though.

Word was spreading around my town about our decorations & Jack O'Lanterns, So people were making a bee-line for our house! :)
Yours in haunting;

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Re: Trick or Treater's

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:14 pm

Oh, if you decorate, you will certainly attract an increasing number of TOTers! You may even find that you inspire some of your neighbors to follow suit! :D

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:31 pm

we decorate every year, 2009 we enclosed the whole porch area and did it up
http://s536.photobucket.com/albums/ff33 ... Halloween/

and I think we got around 30 people

last year we decorated the front area (you have to watch it all to get an idea of what we did)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rawTQIUAirc

and we got 2 people....
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:40 pm

Murfreesboro wrote:Oh, if you decorate, you will certainly attract an increasing number of TOTers! You may even find that you inspire some of your neighbors to follow suit! :D

We've always decorated in the couple of different areas we've lived & I have noticed a few decorations & Jack O'Lanterns from other people in those areas. Nothing as good as ours though. :wink: :)

It's only in the street where we're living now that i've only noticed one Jack O'Lantern. :( :x

Hopefully some of them will make an effort this year. I've seen other homes making atleast an effort in other areas.

I love being the self proclaimed king of Halloween in my area though, I just wish other people would make more of an effort.
Yours in haunting;

Morticia
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Morticia » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:06 pm

We always get a bunch of big groups and we're so busy with it all I would find it hard to get an accurate count.
Be afraid....be very afraid!

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:10 pm

Last year we had over 50 TOTers! :D

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:19 am

One year, three or four years ago, I was on Main Street in Murfreesboro, and I heard someone ask one homeowner how many TOTers he'd had. He said he had already given out over 700 pieces of candy and wasn't through yet. Like I said, in this town, worlds of people go to Main Street.

I was out TOTing myself with our daughter last Halloween, but I believe my husband said we'd had about 40 come by. That was way, way up for us. Decorating ahead of time and turning on the lights every night of the month made a huge difference in our traffic.

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:34 am

Murfreesboro wrote:One year, three or four years ago, I was on Main Street in Murfreesboro, and I heard someone ask one homeowner how many TOTers he'd had. He said he had already given out over 700 pieces of candy and wasn't through yet. Like I said, in this town, worlds of people go to Main Street.

I was out TOTing myself with our daughter last Halloween, but I believe my husband said we'd had about 40 come by. That was way, way up for us. Decorating ahead of time and turning on the lights every night of the month made a huge difference in our traffic.
It's definitely best to decorate ahead of time. I think that's why we had an increase on the year before. Last year we put our decorations up about 1 & a 1/2 half weeks before. This year we're gunna put them up around the 1st of October. :wink: :D
Yours in haunting;

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:05 pm

I usualy do get quite a few, and a big part of that is because of neighboring communities who have much more limited ToT hours, or no ToT at all.

Mike

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:08 am

You know... one year I had a bubbling cauldron out front with various fake body parts in it. Surrounding the cauldron were spilled ToT bags and discarded kids costumes. With a cool display like that, I wonder why I never get any ToTers.

Scratching head.

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:28 am

In an old abandoned house,

on an old forgotten road,

the better ghosts and goblins always hang out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae5WtA_Oqfs

Pretty much nada out here in the sticks.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:19 am

We live in a large subdivision, but most of the kids have grown up & moved out, so we don't get very many ToT either, it's kinda sad really. I still decorate to the hilt but miss seeing the trick or treaters, we have a kid party for my 15 year old, thank god she still luv's it!! It's usaully around 8 to 10 of them that still don't mind dressing up & bobbing for apples. We played flashlight tag bob'd for apples, sprayed silly string outside and decorated pumpkins and ate lots of junk, carmel apples, popcorn balls, ect....fun times!! :alien:

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:43 pm

The nice thing about my town is not only do we get a lot of ToTers, but most of the houses are 100 or more years old. The town was actualy founded in 1885.

Mike

Castle
Halloween Master

Post by Castle » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:03 pm

One Halloween, I think it was back in 2005, I went ToT'ing in my neighborhood with my highschool friends. At the center of the neighborhood was a good sized duck pond, and it kinda served as a midway point for everyone passing through. When we went through there, it was cramped, shoulder to shoulder, for a few blocks. I'd guess that there were at least 800 to 1000 people walking around then. But in recent years since I've given up the trick or treating to the younger folks, I've noticed less people ToT'ing. Maybe 10, 15 groups came in 2009.
"He didn't just eat their bodies, he ate their souls."

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:52 pm

U know Halloween is on Monday.... I know that me and my girlfriend won't be there at home b/c we will be over at her best friend's house for Halloween party... of course, we will give out candies at her best friend's house. I believe my grandpa will sit down on the front porch with Halloween lights and JOLs there to give out candies too. :)