What kind of candy do you like to give to TOTers?

What do you do when you Trick or Treat?
Pumpkin56
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

What kind of candy do you like to give to TOTers?

Post by Pumpkin56 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:23 pm

Even though I usually have no more than 50 TOTers each year, I buy a ton of candy (usually in the hope that I will get a crowd). I pretty much buy the same stuff every year and some things I have to buy more of because my brother and dad are total Snickers and Reece's hogs :) Here's my shopping list this year:

Snickers
Reece's pb cups
Kit Kats
M&M's (peanut and plain)
Twix
Either Skittles or Starbursts--for the kiddos who may not be able to eat chocolate

What does everyone else pass out?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: What kind of candy do you like to give to TOTers?

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:26 pm

My top 3 are Butter Fingers, Snickers and Nestles Crunch. I have aslo given out Reeses pb Cups, and Tootsie Rolls, too. But the ToTers really like my selections the best, and when there are left overs, I can enjoy them. I do give some away to the offfice where I work, though. I don't want to gain back all the weight I lost.

Mike

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:31 pm

Oh I know whatever is leftover will be gobbled up by the dudes in my family. They are worse than women when it comes to chocolate :lol:

Sometimes I buy Butterfingers and Crunch bars too if I'm really pushed by my siblings. Some years though, they get left out because I don't have room in my candy bowl :)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:35 pm

As much as I love the ToT candy, I have to be very careful about 2 things. 1st and foremost, dumping syndrome. Everythign I put into my stomach is absorbed very quickly because of my gastric bypess, and if I overload on sugar, I get that dumping syndrome, and it's the worst think you can imagine. 2ndly, I dont want to regain any weight. I almost died in my fight against obeasity. I don't need to gain it all back, and have to sleep with the C-PAP again, and start injecting insulin into my abdoman again like I did 200 pounds ago.

I often give about 3 quarters of my leftover candy away, but I do keep a little around to pack in my lunch bucket.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:43 pm

I vary it a little from year to year. My family likes Twix, Reese's, Hershey's, SweetTarts and other tart things, like Starbursts. But there have been years when I gave out apples and caramels.

I won't buy until closer to the day, probably within a couple of weeks of Halloween. I don't ordinarily keep candy around the house, because if it's there, we will eat it.

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:12 pm

Haribo
Skittles
Starburst
Various Lollypops
Mars
Milkyway

That's what we mainly buy anyway. :)
Yours in haunting;

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:13 pm

Well, I know the ToTers, regardless of their ages, are going to like Snickers, Nestles Crunch, Reeses or Butter Fingers, so that's what I give out. I actualy do pick up a bag ot tootsie rolls for myself, but I don't give those out. The 'good stuf,' that's left over, well I will confess, I do keep some of them around, but I do not want to gain back the weight I lost, so I'll send a large part of the left overs home with my grand nieces, and brina another large portion to work.

By the way, I am also one popular photographer at work on the 2nd of November when I bring all that in, too.

Mike

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:53 pm

I've never had any door bangers as long as I've lived here but every year I get at least 5 bags each of Kit-Kats and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. Just in case. It's only coincidence that those are my two favorite chocolate candies. :wink:

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:49 am

Kitkats & Reeses are popular at our house, too. Also "fun-sized" Hersheys, and SweetTarts & Starbursts.

There have been years when I've gone in a different direction, given out apples, caramels, and individual-sized microwavable popcorn bags.

Which reminds me, I'll need to get together treat bags for my grown son & his housemates up in Nashville.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:24 pm

The best way to go about it is to give out the treats you liked getting as a kid. The only problem is I also allways had an affinity for semi sweet Hersheys. My younger sister HATED semi sweet, but I loved it. In fact, I ws the only one in my house who liked semi sweet as a kid, and they all thought I was wierd. I would bring a semi sweet chocolate bar in my school lunch, and the other kids looked at me like I was from another planet. "You like that?? You actualy like that yucky bitter candy bar???" they would ask. But I did, and still do. Hershey's "special dark" is still my favorite chocolate bar.

Mike