How to attract more Trick or Treaters?

What do you do when you Trick or Treat?
metallica_87
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: How to attract more Trick or Treaters?

Post by metallica_87 » Tue May 05, 2015 9:37 pm

Easy way? Set up a little earlier than normal, take pictures, and send them into your local news paper. Tell them that if they like your set up, and feel it's worthy, you'd like a featured piece run.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed May 06, 2015 9:07 am

Well, that's really ambitious! I just try to set up at least two weeks ahead of time and run the lights each night. As people pass by in the weeks leading up to Halloween, they catalog your house as one they will want to visit.

metallica_87
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by metallica_87 » Mon May 18, 2015 9:40 pm

Murfreesboro wrote:Well, that's really ambitious! I just try to set up at least two weeks ahead of time and run the lights each night. As people pass by in the weeks leading up to Halloween, they catalog your house as one they will want to visit.
Well, if you're looking for the exposure and want to get the most out of your candy expense, it's worth it. Every good house in our town does it.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Wed May 20, 2015 2:08 pm

Well we aren't really in town or anything. But what I'd really like to do is have a nice Halloween party instead. I might just do the gift packages again like I did last year for the few trick or treaters we do get.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu May 21, 2015 6:59 am

I think a Halloween party is a perfect solution for people who are off the beaten path. And a slightly rural setting can make for a superb Halloween party.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Thu May 21, 2015 10:53 pm

Good point Murf. We'd be surrounded by autumn woods; and it'd be the perfect setting for telling spooky stories.

Trick or Treating may be an in-town kind of thing; but maybe we can start our own traditions out in the boonies! My mom hardly ever took me out trick or treating anyway when I lived with her once I got older.

If it's warm enough out I can imagine spooky stories with bon fires; some eerie music, and serving up some festive goodies for food. Plus pumpkin carving is essential no matter where you live. And if you don't have a pumpkin handy, carve something else. :lol: If it's rainy out a spooky movie always does the trick.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri May 22, 2015 7:49 am

That sounds like a great idea! Make it a tradition and your friends will look forward to it every year!