100 Word Challenge

Halloween writing, poetry, fan pics and more!
jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

100 Word Challenge

Post by jadewik » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:03 pm

Reader's Digest does this "tell a story in 100 words" thing, so I thought it might be fun to write a 100 word Halloween story. I figured I'd share the challenge with you guys. Write a 100 word story about Halloween. Anything Halloween.

Here's one about my cat, Nicodemus. Enjoy!

In the witchy woods you’ll find a cat with fur as black as coal. His eyes are green. His tongue is pink. His meow so sweet to hear. When the sun sets and the mist curls in white drifts across the ground, my black cat he is on the prowl with hunter’s eyes in the moonlight. An owl hoots twice and then goes quiet, as the leaves start to rustle. My black cat, he stalks his prey. On slippered feet he walks. So quietly he creeps closer to the perfect pouncing spot. He winds his spring and catches a mouse.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Re: 100 Word Challenge

Post by MauEvig » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:22 pm

Wow, I love the story Jadewik! :) It's very well written, and as a cat aficionado I can say it captures the "purr-sonality" of a cat very well.

I shall consider taking up the challenge.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

hnoor77
Ghost

Post by hnoor77 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:15 am

When the sun sets and the mist curls in white drifts across the ground, my black cat he is on the prowl with hunter’s eyes in the moonlight. An owl hoots twice and then goes quiet, as the leaves start to rustle. My black cat, he stalks his prey. On slippered feet he walks.
NOOR

Ed Donald
Ghost

Post by Ed Donald » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:21 am

ghostly thumping noises,gasps and moan could be heard. There it is blood stains on the floor. The place was desolete with a dismal emptiness. Far can be heard an owl which travels between the worlds screaching.............