Christmas During Covid 19

See the SantaClaus.com forums for Christmas and Santa chat.
http://www.SantaClaus.com/forums/
Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Christmas During Covid 19

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:30 pm

Hi Folks:

So it's already the 1st Sunday of Advent, for those of us who observe that tradition, and it's time to put up those decorations again. As I'm sure I have said before, Christmas is not my favorite holiday of the y ear any more. I don't hate it, and I still love a lot of things about it, but all in all, it's no longer THE 'big day' I knew and loved back when I was a kid.

Anyway, I have to say, that with this Covid 19 pandemic, some lingering hard feelings over the election, and various other problems cropping up, it has been decided that we are not going to have any kind of a family gathering this year. The main reason, of course, is Covid 19, but be that as it may, I can't help to feel a little 'bummed out,' as the only way I am going to be able to gather with anyone at all, is via Facebook, or the telephone. I do have a couple of neighbors who are in the same boat, so I will be having them over for a Standing Rib Roast, but I was really looking forward to celebrating putting up my first Christmas tree with a small party, and now everyone's afraid of Covid 19. And no, I did not put up a tree last year as I was recovering from moving expenses and the like.

At any rate, I realize that I am not alone in this. I can imagine that many of you, are having problems as this pandemic is scaring a lot of people apart and keeping many of us from being with all our loved ones this Christmas, as it did this past Thanksgiving.

So I really want to wish everyone on this forum, a blessed, and joyful MERRY CHRISTMAS, in spite of everything that's going on today. And I also want to extend my wish for a Blessed and Joyful New Year. May 2021 be a darn sight better then this year has been. I certainly hope we can all get out of this rut, known as "the new normal," and start celebrating out holidays again as they are meant to be celebrated.

Again, I say MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Mike

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Christmas During Covid 19

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:20 am

Merry Christmas to you Mike, and to everybody.

I took down autumn decor and have been decking the halls and every place else for the last few days.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:40 pm

03 Star CU.JPG
03 Star CU.JPG (995.76 KiB) Viewed 11411 times
Well, believe it or not, I ACTUALLY put up a Christmas tree for the first time since Christmas of 2013. It's a rather 'Charlie Brown' looking artificial tree that I got for cheap at Walmart, but it does add a little festive Christmas spirit to my man cave. Perhaps next year, I'll get a decent Christmas tree stand, and put up a real tree in the man cave, and the fake one in my living room. Anyway, tried to post a photo, but I got a "file too large' error message. I did manage to get a CU of the star to post, though.

Mike

TheHeadlessHorseman
Haunt Master

Post by TheHeadlessHorseman » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:57 pm

That's a great star Mike, it's very traditional.

This has certainly been a interesting year, the extended family had to miss most of the special occasions they usually attend. This was the quietest Thanksgiving we have ever had, and we expect Christmas to be the same as there won't be any Aunts, Uncles, Cousins or Grandparents visiting this year.

I know some people might think it's a bit extreme to distance from family for the holidays, but it's better to play it safe. If it means the Grandparents have to miss Christmas this year so they can be around for a bunch more then we're fine with that. So it will be just myself, the wife and the kids, and the cat this year, but I know we will still have fun when Christmas comes.

My wife is what you would call Christmas crazy, she always starts decorating at the beginning of Nov. We actually have two trees up, one in the living room, the other in the basement. I don't even know how many lights she has put up, but it's more than it's been in previous years, I guess it's because she is stuck at home everyday, so she just doesn't stop decorating. At least the kids are having a good time decorating with her.

Anyway, regardless of where you are, or who you're with this holiday season, I want to wish everyone here a very Merry Christmas.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:29 pm

When I was a kid, we did exactly the same thing. We would put up a tree in the living room and a tree in our basement, in addition to just about every other kind of decoration you can imagine, and outside lights to show the neighbors.

Now a days, I'm happy just to have one tree. Christmas in my neck of the woods is going to be very quiet, too. Unfortunately I don't want my older brother to be put at risk. The only problem is, he's almost 80 years old, and I don't know how many more Christmases he has left. For that matter, I don't know how many more I have left as I turned 60 last Summer.

At any rate, I do plan to enjoy Christmas as best I can with those who are coming over. I'll be having about 4 people over. I am going to slow roast a Rib Eye Roast in the crock pot, and we're going to watch some of the old classic Christmas tv specials and listen to some records.

Mike