LITTLE HALLOWEEN REPORT FOR 2021

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

LITTLE HALLOWEEN REPORT FOR 2021

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:24 pm

Hi Folks:

Well here we are again. It's a brand new year, Christmas is over for the year, and it's time to start thinking about St. Patrick's Day, Easter, along with spring and summer picnics, the 4th of July, and last but by no means least, HALLOWEEN 2021. The tradition of observing "Little Halloween," is STILL alive and quite well in my home, however so I thought I would post a report here for those of you who like to participate in it with me.

I have some bad news, and I have some good news. The bad news is that we only have one month this year in which the 13th falls on a Friday. Friday August 13th is all we get in 2021, so it's important for those of us who like a little taste of Halloween will have to make it a little extra special. The good news is August is the end of the Summer, and many of you, I notice, start champing at the bit for Fall and Halloween around mid August. August, incidentally, is ALSO when Kroegers, Walmart and various other retailers start putting out their Halloween merchandise, so having "Little Halloween" in August will give us a little extra 'frosting' on our creepy early celebration of Halloween cake.

It's quite a ways off, however, so I don't have any definite plans as of yet other then to barbecue something nice and play some loud records. I'll have my "Little Halloween" activities more nailed down when it gets closer to the time. I will also post something to Halloween.com when it gets closer as a reminder.

So that's my 2021 "Little Halloween report. HAPPY NEW YEAR, and may it be a darn sight better then 2020 was!!

Mike

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: LITTLE HALLOWEEN REPORT FOR 2021

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:44 pm

Happy New Year, Mike!

In these interesting times it's good to keep ourselves grounded, and Little Halloween does indeed help in that regard. :)
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:54 pm

Yes, we do need something other then Covid 19 and all the nasty politics going on today, and "Little Halloween" gives us all something to look forward to. Incidentally, Halloween (as in Oct 31st) is on a Sunday this year, so once again, we have a weekend day, and more chances for ToT ers to come to the door.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon May 10, 2021 9:56 am

Mike, my whole family is aware of Little Halloween now, thanks to you.

I think an August Littke Halloween will be awesome. We may be doing a family vacation early in the month, as both my sons have birthdays the first week. But we won't be going as far afield as we did last year.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Mon May 10, 2021 5:56 pm

Well it's SO NICE TO KNOW that I got someone interested in a new family tradition. With my late brother jack, it was Christmas music every time it snowed, even if it was March or April. With me it's "Little Halloween."

So thanks for the kind words. I do think my oldest niece and her husband also do "Little Halloween," and they also celebrate April 30th (I con't know how to pronounce or spell the word) the same way I celebrate them.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon May 10, 2021 8:47 pm

Yes, your idea has certainly spread! It's a fun idea.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Wed May 12, 2021 4:23 pm

The good news is, August is when all the retailors start putting out Halloween and Fall themed merchandise, and it's a great time to browse the thrift stores as that's also when they put out more Halloween items.

I am definitely looking forward to a Covid 19 and politics FREE "Little Halloween" next August, and I am even more looking forward to a Covid 19 and politics free Real Halloween in October. Last October was ridiculous! We had a BANNER YEAR for Halloween! Full moon, set the clocks back for Fall, and on a Saturday, and all anyone would talk about on fb was POLITICS or the Covid crises. It was a BUMMER. At least I got a lot of ToT ers.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu May 13, 2021 7:39 pm

We had a nice TOT last year. Not every house decorated, and not as many TOTers came by, but we had enough. Plus, my son from OH had driven down so he could pick up his bro & sis for a week with him in Nov. So we all took a nice walk around the neighborhood while husband minded the candy. I actually had a store-bought mask that was decorated for Day of the Dead (I mean, a Covid mask), so I let that determine my costume. Those who were out were enthusiastic about Halloween. I don't do FB, so I missed put on the discussion there

I think I am lucky to live in a Red State. Our lock down orders were never as draconian as some I heard about up north.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Thu May 13, 2021 11:00 pm

There were some draconian restrictions, and a lot of towns out right banned ToT, but we got lucky here in Streator, and we got ToT ers from other towns. All in all it was a good turn-out, but I should have un plugged my computer after I got finished on this forum, and stayed away from fb all together.

At any rate, at least we did get an extra hour of Halloween and we did get a full moon, and there was plenty of creepiness' for all of us Halloween fanatics to enjoy. Loud records and horror movies were the order of the day. I actually thought there would be no ToT ers at all, but as it turned out we got plenty.

All that said, I am very optimistic for this year.

Mike